We get many questions from customers about whether our bars of soap are ‘long lasting’. Our answer is of course yes, not only will the fragrance last longer than many other commercial bars but the bar itself is hard wearing and will not turn to mush after the first use!
Having said that we thought we would share our tips for making your bar of soap last as long as possible:
- Keep high and dry: Keep your bar of soap dry when you are not using it, away from the direct shower stream.
- Use a soap dish: We recommend that you use a soap dish to store your soap when you are not using it. This should ideally allow excess water to drain from your soap and will ensure you soap is ready for its next use.
- Use a washcloth/flannel: Limit the amount of soap you use by using a flannel to wash with. A shower sponge will also do the trick!
- Buy handmade: We (of course) would always recommend that you buy handmade soap, like the ones that we sell. These bars tend to be longer lasting both in fragrance and bar structure.
- Use the scraps: Put small leftover pieces inside a washcloth or a bag sewn from a washcloth, and use the whole thing like a bar of soap. If you like using soap this way, you canput the entire bar inside the bag from the beginning.
There is something really special about finding a bar of soap you absolutely love but like all good things they must come to an end. Hopefully you will find these tips useful in making your bar last as long as possible.